Second COVID-19 Booster Dose Now Available to Certain Massachusetts Residents
BOSTON – Wednesday, March 30, 2022 – Following Tuesday’s (March 29th) recommendation by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Massachusetts residents who are aged 50 or older, or are younger and have certain medical conditions can now receive a second COVID-19 booster shot. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized a second booster for these groups four months after they received their first Pfizer or Moderna booster.
Eligible individuals include:
· Those 50 years and older who received their first booster at least 4 months prior
· Those 18 years and older with certain medical conditions can receive a second Moderna booster at least 4 months after their first
· Those 12 years and older with certain medical conditions can receive a second Pfizer booster at least 4 months after their first
The CDC also recommends that adults who received both primary and booster doses of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months prior, can now get a second booster dose of an mRNA (Moderna or Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine.
Individuals should call their primary care provider’s office directly with any questions about the booster or their eligibility.
Eligible individuals can use these resources to make an appointment for their second COVID-19 booster:
· Visit VaxFinder at https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
· Call the COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Line at 2-1-1 or (877) 211-6277